Last modified: 2011-03-18 by andrew weeks
Keywords: olesnice v oh |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flagdescription: two vertical halves:
1) red - white - red, proportioned 2:1:2
2) blue - green, proportioned 6:1; on blue a white church with red roof; in top fly an asp-leaf with two cones en something else, all yellow
Coat of Arms: idem, without asp-leaf.
Olesnice v Orlickych horach (Czech Republic) was founded in the 11th
century by a trade route from eastern Bohemia to Klodzko. First the settlement
consisted only of a dormitory and a smithy. The village is situated by
a creek and protected by surrounding hills. This position was useful also
for guards of the state border. The first written record about Olesnice
is from 11 July 1354. This record is now deposited in the archives of the
Prague Castle in the First Confirmative Book. In 1607 Olesnice was promoted
to town by Rudolf II, and obtained a municipial sign.
The cadastral area of Olesnice is 1429 ha and the village is situated 610 m above sea. The highest peak in the area is Vrchmezi: 1084 m above sea level.
There are 472 inhabitants in 132 houses. Other 205 houses serve for recreation.The visitors of our village can accomodate in several hotels and guest-houses.
Except many statues the most interesting sights in our village are small castle, church and Utz's mechanical creche. The area of Olesnice v O.h. belongs to the Protected landscape area Orlické hory. Our village is suitable for rescreation in all seasons: in the summer for hiking and cycling, in the winter for skiing and snowboarding.
Source: the Olesnice website.
Jarig Bakker, 9 Oct 2007