This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Štěpánkovice (Czech Republic)

Opava okres, Moravia-Silesia region

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: stepankovice |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



See also:

Štěpánkovice municipality flag

[Stepánkovice flag] by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 17 Apr 2002, after image by Petr Exner; flag adopted 12 Jan 1996

Number of inhabitants by 31.12. 2000: 3070. The first written trace of the village dated back to 1265. In 1330 the village became possession of St.Klara Monastery in Opava. In 1528 the village became possession of Jan and Vavřinec from Drahotuše na Benešově. In 1619 Štěpánkovice was included in Kobeřice. Since 1712 the village was in possession of the family of Lichnovský. In 1756 a church was built. In 1792 a school was built. In 1818 a court named Hilvetinov (Albertovec, now) was founded. In 1871 the settlement of Světlov and in 1958 the settlement of Bílá Bříza became part of Štěpánkovice.
Jarig Bakker, 21 Apr 2002.


Štěpánkovice coat of arms

[Stepánkovice Coat of Arms] image from this website, located by Jarig Bakker, 21 Apr 2002