Last modified: 2011-06-03 by andrew weeks
Keywords: kravare |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Kravaře is a town in Ostravský kraj, Okres Opava, population 6.650,
on the road Opava - Ostrava. The coat of arms: Or an "Odřivous"/Zavinutá střela
- see Humpolec coat of arms - Sable") and the Flag
(Banner of arms, ratio 2:3, the emblem as big as 2/3 of the width). Before
1996 the Coat of Arms was Gules, Odřivous Argent - exactly like
the Arms of medieval lords "z Kravař" (of Kravaře). To differ its emblem
from the others Kravaře changed its colors (perhaps) for Silesian ones.
Kravaře, once village, since 1960 a town, was between 1742-1920 and again between 1938-45 as a part of Hlučínsko in Prussia, resp. in Germany. Local Baroque Chateau build by Baron von Eichendorff was damaged during Red Army "Operation Ostrava " in WWII.
Aleš Křižan, 5 Mar 2001