This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Hlučín (Czech Republic)

Opava okres, Moravia-Silesia region

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: hlucin |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




See also:

Hlučín municipality flag

[Hlucín municipality flag] by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 19 Aug 2001, after image by Petr Exner; flag adopted 9 May 1995

Hlučín Town, District Opava. In 1848  Hlucín estate, Landrat Ratibor, Prussia. In German texts Hultschin. Population 14.500.
Town founded by the King Premysl Otakar II ca. 1256. In 1303 property of Opava Dukes. Since 1521 possession of  dukes of  Opole. Many times the town burned out.  Since 1742 ceded to Prussia and since 1845 belonged the manor to  Rotschild Family. After joined Czechoslovakia (1920) a seat of District.
Aleš Křížan, 27 Aug 2001


Hlučín flag in local use

[Hlucín  flag in local use] by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 24 Jun 2002

This website displays a slightly different version, based on the same description as Petr Exner's VexLex1995: the five yellow six-pointed stars from the coat of arms have been added; in addition the site has a vertical flag.
Jarig Bakker, 23 Jun 2002


Hlučín vertical flag

[Hlucín vertical flag] by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 24 Jun 2002

Hlučín municipality coat of arms

[Hlucín municipality coat of arms] image from this site, reported by Aleš Křížan, 27 Aug 2001

Coat of Arms: Vert a dimidiated St Anthony Cross on two scales, the fess of it has a hemisphere on the end, all Or.. The figure in the sinister part is a Letter "P" on a barrulet of the Second. In Chief a Fleur - de - Lys, also Or. In Orle there are five Stars of six points, two and two in Flanks and one in Base, also Or.
Aleš Křížan, 27 Aug 2001