This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Skotnice (Czech Republic)

Nový Jičín okres, Moravian-Silesian region

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: skotnice |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors





[Skotnice flag] by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 30 Nov 2001
adopted 14 Jan 2000 See also:

Skotnice municipality flag

Flag after image in Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí ČR (2000); Flag adopted 14 Jan 2000
Number of inhabitants by 1.1. 2002: 643. Skotnice is situated 2 km to the west from Príbor on the left-hand bank of the Lubina river. Skotnice is located on both sides of the road from Koprivnice. In the middle of the village the road divides into two roads leading to Studénka and Mošnov. The village was mentioned first as early as in 1330 in a Deed issued by Bishop Jindrich Berka. Based on the Deed he sold the bailiff's manor of Skotnice to Petr II, who owned the village till 1374. At the beginning the village was in possession of the Episcopal Manor of Hukvaldy. In 1773 there were 15 peasants, 15 smallholders with field, 21 smallholders without field and 1 miller. The population of Skotnice was following: 214 people (1835), 440 people (1880), 398 people (1890), 400 people (1967). In 1900 there were 379 Czechs and 20 Germans living in Skotnice. Area of the cadastre was 395 ha and 29 are. The village derives its name from cattle breeding (cattle = skot). In past, cattle breeding was very popular. Cattle were used for feeding as well as for sales. Until 1938 Skotnice was a part of Moravské Kravarsko. In the middle of June in 1881, construction of a traced private railway line from Štramberk to Studénka was started. The railway passed through the territory of  Skotnice. As a result of the Munich Accord, Skotnice, being a Czech village, along with Štramberk, Koprivnice and Príbor, appeared to be in the Nazi Germany.
Jarig Bakker, 9 May 2000.

Skotnice coat of arms

[Skotnice coat of arms]from this website.

Description (in Czech): V únoru 2000 byly obci uděleny Parlamentem České republiky obecní symboly - znak a prapor.
Heraldický návrh vycházel z historické a razítkové symboliky všech tří obcí.
Figury dvou zkřížených kos bez násad jsou převzaty z historické pečeti obce Skotnice z r. 1754, figura do poloviny zkráceného kužele je vyjádřením radlice ze staré pečeti Skorotína z r. 1787 a současně odkazem na kužel erbu olomouckých biskupů, k jejichž panství obec Skotnice v minulosti náležela.
Tři šestihroté hvězdy jsou odvozeny z motivu hvězdičky na skotnickém pečetidle a jejich počet symbolizuje počet integrovaných obcí.