This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Hodonín okres, Czech Republic

South Moravian region

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: hodonin |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




See also:

List of municipalities

Archlebov, Blatnice pod Svatým Antonínkem, Blatnička, Bukovany, Bzenec, Čejč, Čejkovice, Čeložnice, Dambořice, Dolní Bojanovice, Domanín, Dražůvky, Dubňany, Hodonín, Hovorany, Hroznová Lhota, Hrubá Vrbka, Hýsly, Javorník, Ježov, Josefov, Karlín, Kelčany, Kněždub, Kostelec, Kozojídky, Kuželov, Kyjov, Labuty, Lipov, Louka nad Veličkou, Lovčice, Lužice, Malá Vrbka, Mikulčice, Milotice, Mouchnice, Moravany, Moravský Písek, Mutěnice, Násedlovice, Nechvalín, Nenkovice, Nová Lhota, Nový Poddvorov, Ostrovánky, Petrov, Prušánky, Radějov, Ratíškovice, Rohatec, Šardice, Skalka, Skoronice, Sobůlky, Starý Poddvorov, Stavěšice, Strážnice, Strážovice, Suchov, Sudoměřice, Svatobořice-Mistřín, Syrovín, Tasov, Těmice, Terezín, Tvarožná Lhota, Uhřice, Vacenovice, Velká nad Veličkou, Veselí nad Moravou, Věteřov, Vlkoš, Vnorovy, Vracov, Vřesovice, Žádovice, Žarošice, Ždánice, Želetice, Žeravice, Žeraviny.
Data from this site.

Javorník municipality flag

[Flag of Javorník] image by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 15 Nov 2001
adopted 26 May 2000

Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapori obcí ČR (2000) - Javorník municipality, Hodonín district, South Moravian region - flag adopted 26 May 2000.
833 Inhabitants. Village mentioned in 1370, during the period of Counter-Reformation a recourse of the Bohemian Brethren and later the Evangelics. Evangelic church from the second half of the18th century and an old parsonage from the 17th century (originally a house of prayer of the Bohemian Bretheren). The village has one of the best preserved folk costumes at Horňácko. The film "Mizející svět" (A vanishing world) by professor Úlehla was made here. Protected area of folk architecture Kopánky. Well preserved folk architecture - above all stone mills and framed haylofts. Holiday resort Filipovské údolí along the Hrubý stream. A memorial tablet of dr. J. M. Hurban at a gamekeeper's lodge "Medovce" reminds us of meetings of the Slovaks and the Moravians since 1881. In this part of the White Carpathians we can find the origins of Czechoslovak hiking. On the hill called Hradisko - pre-historical settlement from the middle and later Bronze Age with preserved big earthwork and a moat. Nature reservation Jazevčí, meadows with solitary trees and many protected rare species of plants and animals of the White Carpathians. Nature reservation Machová - meadows of the White Carpathians with solitary trees and with rare groups of plants and animals. Info from this site.
Jarig Bakker, 22 Jan 2004


Josefov municipality flag

[Josefov flag] image by Jarig Bakker, 27 Mar 2004
adopted 9 Apr 2002

Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapori obcí ČR (2002) - Josefov municipality, Hodonín district, South Moravian region - flag adopted 13 November 2002.
369 inhabitants. The village is located 9km west from Hodonín. It was founded in 1782 at the domain of a former mansion house built at the place of perished village of Kukvice. A new village called Josefov as a tribute to emperor Josef II (1765-1790) was founded at the place of the former Kukvice mansion..
Jarig Bakker, 27 Mar 2004


Labuty municipality flag

[Labuty flag] image by Jarig Bakker, 7 May 2004
adopted 7 Oct 2003

Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapori obcí ČR (2003) - Labuty municipality, Hodonín district, South Moravian region - flag adopted 7 October 2003.
A small village at foothills of the Chřiby mountains. First written reference from 1368. Walled belfry from 1834.
Info from this site.
Jarig Bakker, 7 May 2004


Louka nad Veličkou flag

[Louka nad Velikou flag] image by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 15 Oct 2002
adopted 8 Oct 2001

Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapori obcí ČR (2001) - Louka nad Veličkou municipality, Hodonín district, South Moravian region - flag adopted 8 October 2001.
1 073 inhabitants. The first written mention of this village from the region of Horňácko dates back to 1046 which makes Louka the oldest village in the region. A former fortress undermined by a lot of secret passages leading to the fortress in Hluk has been rebuilt into a castle. A chapel with a belfry from 18th century decorated with ornaments typical in the Slovácko region is an example of folk Baroque architecture. Between Louka and neighbouring Lipov in the height of 20m there is a 209m long viaduct from 1926 being a railway connection of Veselí nad Moravou and Myjava. A Slavonic burial-ground was found there when building the railway. Near Louka there is a natural reservation of Háj rich in rare flora.
Source: this website.
Jarig Bakker, 3 Sep 2002


Lovčice municipality flag

[Lovčice flag] image by Jarig Bakker, 7 May 2004
adopted 13 May 2003

Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapori obcí ČR (2003) - Lovčice municipality, Hodonín district, South Moravian region - flag adopted 13 May 2003.
799 inhabitants. The first tracks of settlement in this location fall in the Neolithic Age.The village itself is mentioned for the first time in 1131 and the first preserved written document from 1263 states that this original ownership of Smil from Střílky devolved to a White Monk monastery in Vizovice. It is said that there were three settlements: Tikov, Lovčice and Přestavlky. The village was in the ownership of Ždánice domain in the 16th century. There used to be a water-mill above the village at the place of today's man-made pond. The picturesque outlook of the village is supported by a St. Peter and  Paul church built in a Romanic in 1805. A tradition of carbonization is preserved till present days, although the original piles were replaced by circular steel furnaces. An educational footpath through the Ždánice Forrest hills leads across the village.
Info from this site.
Jarig Bakker, 7 May 2004


Moravany municipality flag

[Moravany flag] image by Jarig Bakker, 28 Mar 2004
adopted 14 Mar 2002

Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapori obcí ČR (2002) - Moravany municipality, Hodonín district, South Moravian region - flag adopted 14 March 2002.
Jarig Bakker, 28 Mar 2004


Vřesovice municipality flag

[Vresovice flag] image by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 23 Sep 2001
adopted 14 Jan 2000

Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapori obcí ČR (2000) - Vřesovice municipality, Hodonín district, South Moravian region -flag  adopted 14 January 2000.
Jarig Bakker, 22 Jan 2004


Žarošice municipality flag

[Zarosice flag] image by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 10 Jan 2002
adopted 26 May 2000

Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapori obcí ČR (2000) - Žarošice municipality, Hodonín district, South Moravian region - flag adopted 26 May 2000.
Mentioned in the 13th century as a property of monastery in Velehrad, later in Staré Brno. After the battle of Austerlitz the Emperor of Austria and the Russina tsar stayed in the village overnight. Parts of the village are also settlements in the valleys of the Ždánický les - Silničná and Zdravá voda.
The most important pilgrimage place in the Hodonín region with a Baroque church of St. Anna. On the main alter - a Gothic statue of the Holy Virgin from the second half of the 14th century - a graceful statue of the Holy Virgin crowned by the Pope in 1995. The church of the Assumption of the Virgin in vineyards in Silničná. The day of pilgrimage is the first Saturday after 8th September - pilgrimage "Golden Saturday".
Info from this website.
Jarig Bakker, 13 Jan 2002