This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Šardice (Czech Republic)
Hodonín okres, South Moravian region
Last modified: 2011-03-18 by andrew weeks
Keywords: sardice |
Links: FOTW homepage |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
by Jarig Bakker, 4 Jan 2004
adopted 9 Dec 2002
Šardice municipality flag
Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapori obcí ČR (2002)
- Šardice, Hodonin district, South Moravian region - adopted 9 Dec 2002.
Coat of Arms and flag are also to be admired at this
The Coat of Arms is: right blue with a branch with two leaves and two bunches
of grapes, all yellow; left top red with a white vine-cutting knife; bottom
white with two black crossed hammers.
The flag is vertical blue - white - red proportioned 2:1:1 (nearly
French Presidential style), with on blue a branch with two leaves and two
bunches of grapes, all yellow.
2 170 inhabitants. First written reference from 1286. From 1376 the
village belonged to Augustinians from Brno. Late Baroque church of St.
Michael, late baroque chapel and Calvary. Representative seat of the Augustinians
- residence from 1742. Gregory Mendel, founder of genetics lived there.
Lignite was mined here for 150 years, in 1992 the mines were closed. Wine
growing, rich folklore and cultural tradition. Folklore group, dulcimer
group, brass band Mladá muzika, brass band Šardičanka - 40 years of existence.
Village feast in folk costumes. Stone of conciliation from 1605 to the
memory of Burian killed during forays of the Bočkajs.
Information from this
Jarig Bakker, 4 Jan 2004
Šardice Coat of Arms
from this website.