This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Saint-Cierges commune (Vaud canton, Switzerland)

Last modified: 2010-12-30 by rob raeside
Keywords: saint-cierges |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

See also:


[Flag of Saint-Cierges]
by Pascal Gross

Gules, a semi of Saint Cyriaque proper clad Argent, haloed Or, holding in dexter a Palm Branch Vert, in sinister an imaginary reptile of the same.

Željko Heimer, 23 October 1999

Some explanations : In 1154. the bishop Saint Amedee gave to the Saint-Maire priory the church of Saint-Cierges which was one of the oldest of the region. It was dedicated to Saint Cyriaque who gave his name to the village.  The armorial bearings adopted in 1910 recall this former patron saint and his legend (the fabulous animal represents the daemon overcome by the saint).

Pascal Gross, 20 October 1999

Translated from the French blazon:

"Gules a bust of Saint Cyriaque habited Argent his head proper nimbed Or, holding in his dexter hand a branch Vert and with his sinister hand caressing a fabulous reptile of the same."

Santiago Dotor, 24 October 1999