Last modified: 2011-12-30 by rob raeside
Keywords: port aux basques | newfoundland | channel-port aux basques |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The flag of the Town of Channel - Port aux Basques, Newfoundland and
Labrador, is white with town logo on it. The logo is of circular seal-like
design, showing two men in a boat on the water (all in blue shades) and
"INCORPORATED/1945", and in the outer circle "THE TOWN OF/CHANNEL PORT AUX
BASQUES" all red.
Information and image of the logo thanks to Julia Ingram from the Town Administration.
About the town:
"Channel-Port aux Basques (also Port aux Basques) is a town at the extreme southwestern tip of the island of Newfoundland fronting on the eastern end of the Cabot Strait. A Marine Atlantic ferry terminal is located in the town which is the primary entry point onto the island of Newfoundland and the western terminus of the Trans-Canada Highway in the province. The town was incorporated in 1945 and the current population (2006) is 4,319. Port aux Basques is the oldest of the collection of towns that make up the present-day town, which consists of Port aux Basques, Channel, Grand Bay, and Mouse Island. Amalgamation took place in the 1970s."
- from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Channel-Port_aux_Basques,_Newfoundland_and_Labrador
Official website: http://www.portauxbasques.ca
Valentin Poposki, 11 January 2010