Last modified: 2013-05-15 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | luiziânia |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Luiziânia was founded in 1941 by the real estate company "Coimbra
Bueno & Cia. Ltd.", which established a new town in the district of
Braúna, then part of the municipality of Glicério. The place was
located close to important roads and was to be crossed by the new
federal road aimed at linking the southern and northern parts of the
country. The first building of the new town was a chapel dedicated to
St. Louis of Gonzago, subsequently replaced by the today's main church
of the town. The district of Luiziânia was inaugurated on 1 August 1945.
The municipality of Luiziânia was established on 18 February 1959 and
inaugurated on 1 January 1960.
http://www.luiziania.sp.gov.br - Municipal website
The symbols of Luiziânia are prescribed in Article 7 of the Municipal
Constitution, adopted on 5 April 1990, as "the flag, the coat of arms
and the municipal anthem, representative of its culture and history".
http://www.camaraluiziania.sp.gov.br/index2.php? - Municipal Constitution
The flag is blue with a white-red-white (1:2:1) cross. In the middle of the flag is placed a white lozenge charged with the municipal coat of arms.