Last modified: 2013-04-25 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | lavínia |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Lavínia was founded in 1933 by Colonel Joaquim Franco de Mello, who
named the town for his wife, Lavínia Dauntre Salles de Mello. The
railway station of Lavínia was inaugurated on 31 March 1935.
The municipality of Lavínia was established by State Decree-Law No.
14,334 of 30 November 1944, seceding from Valparaíso and Araçatuba.
http://www.lavinia.sp.gov.br - Municipal website
The symbols of Lavínia are prescribed in Article 2 of the Municipal
Constitution, adopted on 20 April 1990, as "the flag, the coat of arms
and the municipal anthem, representative of its culture and history".
http://camaralavinia.sp.gov.br/index2.php? - Municipal Constitution
The flag is blue with a white-black-white cross. In the middle of the flag is placed a white lozenge charged with the municipal coat of arms.