Last modified: 2013-04-20 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | fartura |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Fartura was founded by Manoel José Viana on a plot offered by this
father, Remígio José Viana, to erect a chapel dedicated to Our Lady of
the Sorrows, which was achieved in 1887.
The municipality of Fartura was established on 31 March 1891. The name
of the municipality means "abundance" in Portuguese, referring to the
plenty of game, fish and fruit in the region.
http://www.camarafartura.sp.gov.br - Website of the Municipal Council
The symbols of Fartura are prescribed in Article 3 of the Municipal
Constitution, adopted on 22 March 2004, as "the coat of arms, the flag
and the anthem, as well as other symbols established by Municipal Law".
http://www.camarafartura.sp.gov.br/Lei_Organica.pdf - Municipal Constitution
The flag is white with the municipal coat of arms in the middle. The Latin motto "COPIA IN OMNIBUS" reads "Abundance of Everything".
Ivan Sache, 31 March 2013