Last modified: 2013-04-20 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | buritizal |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Buritizal was founded on 1 May 1873 by Manoel Dias Cardoso, Manoel Martins Ferreira Costa, José Ignácio dos Santos and João Damásio Ramos. The district of Buritys was etablished by Law No. 514 of 2 August 1897 and inaugurated on 8 March 1898. The name of the place was changed to Buritizal by Decree-Law No. 4,354 of 30 November 1944. The municipality of Buritizal was established by State Law No. 2,453 of 30 December 1953, following a plebiscite organized on 8 September 1953, and inaugurated on 1 January 1955.
http://www.camaraburitizal.sp.gov.br - Website of the Municipal Council
The symbols of Buritizal are prescribed in Article 2 of the Municipal
Constitution, as "the flag, the anthem and the coat of arms".
http://www.camaraburitizal.sp.gov.br- Municipal Constitution
The flag appears to be (horizontally divided?) yellow and red, with some coloured emblems.
Ivan Sache, 21 March 2013