Last modified: 2013-03-22 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | boa esperança do sul |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 18 March 2013
Boa Esperança do Sul was established in 1887 around the St. Sebastian
chapel, erected by Manoel Jorge de Marins on the bank of river Boa
Esperança (Good Hope). The district of Boa Esperança was established
by Law No. 336 of 23 July 1895, as part of the municipality of
The municipality of Boa Esperança was established by Law No. 542 of 21
July 1898, and renamed Boa Esperança do Sul by State Decree-Law No.
14,334 of 30 November 1944.
http://www.boaesperanca.sp.gov.br - Municipal website
The flag of Boa Esperança do Sul is green with a white triangle placed
along the hoist and charged with the municipal coat of arms.
http://www.boaesperanca.sp.gov.br/Pagina/Default.aspx?IDPagina=19 - Municipal website
Photo of the flag
Ivan Sache, 18 March 2013