Last modified: 2011-04-01 by andrew weeks
Keywords: cernochov |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The flag was adopted in 1998. Special attraction: wine cellars with
well-known wine from the Tokai region. The village Černochov is placed
in the southwestern skirts of Zempínske vrchy mountain range, surrounded
by vineyards of Tokai and beautiful meadow in the altitude of 175 m above
The first document concerning the village originates in the year 1298 and the first notice about viniculture is from the year 1715. The village had been known for production of excellent wines for centuries and belonged to several landowners. It was the Rozgonyi family in the15th century, the Páloczi family in the 16th century, the Order of St. Claire from Šárošpotok and the Perényi family, the Walis family in the 19th century. The village reached the highest population of 4888 inhabitants in the year 1869, who were mainly Hungarians. In the presence, the village has 241 inhabitants. A plaque epidemic stroke the town in the year 1663 and cholera in the year 1831. It was burnt down in the year 1927.
Source: information from this site.
Gunnar Staack, 24 Nov 2000