Last modified: 2011-04-01 by andrew weeks
Keywords: kurimany | st quirinus |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Kurimany is a municipality in Levoča district in north central Slovakia.
Its flag and Coat of Arms are at this
site - Kurimany's population was 339 in 1992 census. Kurimany was probably
established around 1250 AD by German colonists. Some 8-11th century Slavic
settlements were present in the area earlier. There is a small church of
St Quirinius in the village. St Quirinius of Neuss is a patron of Kurimany.
His cult was probably brought to the village by the German colonists.
Jarig Bakker, 26 Feb 2001