Last modified: 2012-03-31 by andrew weeks
Keywords: stitina |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Number of inhabitants by 31.12. 2000: 1179. Originally, Štítina was
the name of the castle only. The name of the village was Troubky.
The first written trace dated back to 1282. The oldest owners, their names
we know, were lords from Kravaře. After 1370 owners changed often (family
of Lichnovský, Chorynský, from 1837 to 1920 the village was in possession
of Order of German Knights). In World War II there was a big tank battle
in April 1945.
Jarig Bakker, 21 Apr 2002.