Last modified: 2012-05-25 by german editorial team
Keywords: lassen(hermann r) | direct line london |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Hermann R.Lassen was an agent in the beginning but became corresponding owner of a ship of Rickmers in 1887. The Lassen company sold its last ship in 1907 and since then Lassen worked as ship-broker.This company exists still today having the name: "Lassen & Co. Reederei Agentur G.m.b.H.".
The shipping-company used a red flag with a white diamond touching the edges with a black serifed capital "L".
Source: Jürgen Meyer: ""Hamburger Segelschiffe von 1795-1945" ; ISBN 3-89225-400-1; Hamburg 1999; p.150ff.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 22 Mar 2007
It is a blue swallow tail pennant with a red disc slightly shifted to the hoist.
Source: Gratis Beilage zu Deicken und Behrmann's Neuen Monatsheften Neue Ausgabe Sommer 1897
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 24 Apr 2012
back to L-companies main page click here