Last modified: 2011-12-23 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: cesar | chimichagua |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image resized from wikipedia
Chimichagua is a municipality in Cesar Department. It was
founded on8 December 1748 by JosÚ Fernando de Mier y Guerra. It
became a municipality by Ordinance 54 of 1892.
The flag of Chimichagua is diagonally divided (top hoist to bottom fly) blue-red and is charged with white circle bordered black with the moto Paz, Union y Trabajo (Peace, Union and Work).
Same flag is used by El Pe˝on (BolÝvar Department).
Sources: wikipedia, municipal web site.
Dov Gutterman, 16 August 2008
image from municipal web site