This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Baja California Sur, Mexico
Estado Libre y Soberano de Baja California Sur
Last modified: 2011-07-01 by juan manuel gabino villascán
Keywords: mexico | baja california sur | baja california | coat of arms | tuna | shell | unofficial |
Links: FOTW homepage |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
Note: Baja California Sur has no official flag, but one in white charged
with the coat of arms is broadly used:
Presentation of Baja California Sur:
- Official name: Estado Libre y Soberano de Baja California Sur /
Free and Sovereign State of Baja California Sur
- Shor-form names: Estado de Baja California Sur /
State of Baja California Sur; Baja California Sur
- Location: Northwest of Mexico, south of the Baja California Peninsula.
It lays the Mexican state of
Baja California (N); the Sea of Cortés or
Gulf of California (E), and the Pacific Ocean (W).
- Area: 73,677 km2
- Municipalities: 4
- Population: 379,000 inhabitants
- Capital: La Paz (Pop.: 91,000)
- Statehood: October 8, 1974
- Arms adopted: Unknow date.
INEGI and SEP
Reported by Juan Manuel Gabino Villascán, May 06, 2001.
Coat of arms
by Juan Manuel Gabino Villascán, May 06, 2001.
this line was not added by the editor of this page.