Last modified: 2011-02-25 by editor unassigned
Keywords: osterode am harz |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 4 Jan 2008
Flag adopted 13 Sep 1960
OSTERODE AM HARZ
The arms were granted on July 4th, 1936
The arms show the lions of the Welfen family in the lower part and the arms of Hannover in the upper part. The main part of the district was the Principality of Grubenhagen, that was ruled by a branch of the Welfen family. The whole principality became later part of the Kingdom of Hannover.
Literature : Stadler, K. : Deutsche Wappen - Bundesrepublik Deutschland. Angelsachsen Verlag, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.
Source: Ralf Hartemink.