Last modified: 2012-03-31 by andrew weeks
Keywords: komorni lhotka |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Number of inhabitants by 31.12. 2000: 1108. The original name of Komorní
Lhotka was Valašská Lhota or Střižná Lhota. The village was also
known thanks to Silesian Songs under its Polish name: Ligotka Kameralna.
In 1796 - 1798 there were peasant revolts. In the 18th century iron ore
was mined in the surrounding of Komorní Lhotka. From 1880 to 1903 there
was a small spa for treatment of pulmonary, neural and digestive diseases.
After a fire the spa was not reconstructed anymore. In recent years a small
herb spa and sauna continued this tradition.
Jarig Bakker, 14 May 2002