Last modified: 2011-12-30 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: magdalena | san angel | sabanas de san angel |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Dov Gutterman, 4 August 2008
San Angel (officially: Sabanas de San Angel) is a municipality
in Magdalena department. It was founded around 1607 with the name
San Antoņito by the Spanish Colonizers as a pathway town in the
route between La Guajira Department and the Magdalena River. By
ordinance 006 of 24 June 1999, it bacame a municipality.
The flag of San Angel is digonally divided (upper hoist to lower fly) blue-red and charged with white circle woth the motto: PAZ, UNION Y TRABAJO.
Source: municipal web site.
Dov Gutterman and Felipe Carillo, 4 August 2008
image from municipal web site